Presentation and Workshop Proposals
The Technology Fall Conference is a friendly place to present. Please consider sharing your knowledge, interests, and classroom activities with the technology and engineering education community. It is a great professional growth experience to share your ideas in this venue. If you are looking for something a bit less formal and conversational than a presentation, consider our “poster style” Technology Innovation Showcase. Many times you can modify your materials for both.
Information, Guidelines, and Proposal Form
Please make a note of the following items related to presenting at the Technology Fall Conference:
- Presentation session lengths:
- 45 minutes in length on Thursday.
- 30 minutes on Friday.
- You may include time within the presentation for questions or discussion, but there is also typically time for individual questions between sessions, especially on Thursday.
- Double-session workshops are welcome and available. These will include and span two consecutive session time slots and should be two hours in length with “hands on” activities. Please indicate in the presentation description if prior experience is helpful or necessary. Double-session workshops lengths:
- Approximately 2 hours in length on Thursday.
- 70 minutes in length on Friday.
- General presentation rooms include a computer, projector, and display screen. If you have special laboratory or software needs please indicate so on your application form.
- If you have something to distribute to participants, we recommend having at least 30 items on hand.
- Electronic Resources: Help us “go green”. We cannot provide photocopy services. Please consider making your presentation or resource handout available electronically instead of print copies. The week after the conference we will call for any electronic resources. All conference attendees will be sent a link to the resources following the conference. You may provide electronic resource files, such as photographs/short video clips, posters, student work, activity sheets, teacher-made products, brochures, handouts, or any other item that you would like to share. A power point is not required, but may be included if desired. View the online program from last year to see examples of electronic resources and get ideas on resource files that you might include. Further information on making your resources available electronically will be provided at a later date (files are submitted shortly after the conference).
- Complimentary Registration: To show our appreciation, all presenters receive a complimentary conference registration!!! You do not need to register for the conference; check in at the registration area to pick up your nametag.
- Form for all presentation types (will be available August 22, 2019).