Congratulations to Chris Kowalski of Comsewogue School District on winning a CNC Router package valued at 18,000 dollars during the 2018 Technology Fall Conference. Thank you to Allegheny Educational Systems and Forest Scientific, Inc. for donating this valuable technology and engineering education resource.
The 79th Technology Fall Conference this Thursday and Friday (Oct 26 and 27) promises to be a great one.
Start selecting from the great presentations and workshops this year by viewing the online program. This program includes itineraries for Thursday and Friday. Print programs will be available at the conference registration area.
Parking and Shuttle Information
Please make sure to park at the Romney Field house (LOT No. 7) off of Route 104 and take shuttle in that runs continuously; see the conference web site for a map and driving directions if needed.
- If you didn’t mail in your registration form, please print and fill in the registration form and bring it with you.
- There will also be forms available at the conference.
- Registration includes complimentary lunch tickets for both Thursday and Friday.
- Registration starts at 7:30 am on Thursday and Friday in the Wilber Hall Lobby.
To celebrate the 79th anniversary, the reception will be held at Lake Ontario Event and Conference Center on Thursday evening. Celebrate with former colleagues and meet new ones!!!
SUNY Oswego Campus Events Following the Conference
- There are several events following the conference that may be of interest.
- Please visit the SUNY Oswego Events Calendar for times and details.
We hope to see you this week.
Rich Bush, Conference Chair and Mark Springston, Conference Program Chair
On Behalf of the Technology Fall Conference Committee
Attendees of the 2018 Technology Fall Conference @ SUNY Oswego have an opportunity to win a 4′ x 20″ CNC Router Package. Don’t miss out on this great curriculum and instructional resource for your school.
There are always great reasons to present at the Technology Fall Conference at SUNY Oswego, which include:
Share your ideas with and give back to the Technology and Engineering Education (TEE) Community
Appreciation from the Department of Technology and TEE Community
A Technology Innovation Showcase that reaches a large audience and does not require a formal presentation. The “poster session” was started through requests from teachers in the field; please consider participating.
A variety of laboratories for double-session workshops (you can hold a make and take workshop)
Meet others interested in your topic
All presenters receive automatic complimentary registration, which includes the Thursday evening conference reception dinner
An online program that you can include in an activity report or electronic portfolio
A conference support staff ready to help presenters with all their needs
Friendly instructional technology to present with (all presentation rooms are equipped with computer, projector, and screen)
Applying to present only takes a few minutes. Please consider completing the presentation form today.
In addition to giving you great new ideas and skills for the classroom, the Technology Fall Conference provides professional development and CTLE hours. Here is some presentation information you may want to know or need to provide your school system for the 2019 Technology Fall Conference.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019, presentations are from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- 6 professional development hours
- 3.75 CTLE hours possible
- Friday, October 25, 2019, presentations are from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- 6 professional development hours
- 3.5 CTLE hours possible
- Our New York State Education Department issued Continuing Teacher and Leader Education Number (CTLE) is 259.
- Professional Development Certificates with our CTLE number will be available at the conference to provide to your school system.
- Session times and formats
- For registration costs and meals included, please see our registration page.
- View conference program information as it becomes available.
- If you need additional information, please contact Richard.Bush@Oswego.edu.
We are accepting presentation, workshop, and Technology Innovation Showcase proposals for the 2018 conference. New format continues this year—we have more presentation and workshop slots on Friday, so attendees can experience more topics. Learn more and apply to present today.
The engaging Technology Innovation Showcase (poster session) will be held again this year. Please consider presenting in the Technology Innovation Showcase.
From 9 to 10am on Friday morning. Plan on arriving early to take part in this exciting learning and networking opportunity.
The 2018 Conference registration form is now available from our registration page.
Don’t miss the opportunity to attend and/or present at the 55th Annual NYSTEEA Technology and Engineering Education Conference this March 22-23, 2018. Visit NYSTEEA.org today for more information.